Monday 16 January 2012

A Little About Me...

Welcome to my new blog venture, which will hopefully be a little insight into my interests, looking at the books I read, the cakes I make and other things which I enjoy doing!!

Before I start the ‘blog-proper’, so to speak, I thought I would tell you a little bit about myself! So, here goes...

Firstly, I love books. Ever since I was a little girl, I have had my head stuck in a book, and I now have a major weakness for buying books. I have always loved escaping into a different world, or a different period, and meeting new characters and experiencing new places. I am an absolute liability in a second hand bookshop, when I cannot control the urge to buy, buy, buy books! 

My book collection spans from Classic literature, through biography, history, feminist literature, to contemporary fiction and cooking books. I have a growing collection of Virago Modern Classics and Persephones, and I am an absolute sucker for attractive covers – hence my set of beautiful Penguin Hardback Classics and Virago Hardbacks. 

I am a history graduate, and also have a Master’s degree in Women’s Studies, which covered feminism and women’s history, hence my collection of feminist literature! I have a fairly eclectic range of history books, related to different periods and countries, though I do have a specific interest in women’s history (is a bit of a theme here...!) A lot of the biographies I own are about authors, as I am really intrigued by how an author’s life and experiences influenced their writing.

I am also a keen baker – though I do have the eternal battle between wanting to bake but not wanting all that I bake to be just eaten by myself and my boyfriend and for us both to become the size of houses! So I love to bake for other people – I really enjoy having a cake stand of cupcakes ready when people come over, or taking a cake to our families for everyone to enjoy.

That’s all I can think of to say about myself for now! Come back soon for my first 'proper' blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment